Sunday, March 9, 2008

What is it?

We live in the middle of 8 wooded acres. Its wonderful being surrounded by trees and nature. And often, it produces new and exciting furry critters that E has not seen before.

This morning, as I was reaching for my first cup of java, E said "Look, look, look!" grabbing my shoulder and trying to push me toward the window. I turned with the bleary eyed gaze of the early morning, to see... Nothing. I had just missed "it". E was excited, describing something that "moved like a weasel", but was "bigger than the mink we saw last time". After I had some of my coffee I was able to get E to describe what he saw, and it just might have been a fisher. While I love my wild animals, I'm not as happy to have a fisher around, because they think cats are tasty treats. I'll have to keep a closer eye on 'Mosa and Noki.

Speaking of the kitties, you should meet them. This is Noki, our 6 1/2 year old monkey:

And this is Mamosa, our 10 year old little lady:

And for those that are wondering, no, Mamosa's not named after the drink. My father's a forester, she's named after the tree!

1 comment:

Kath said...

I recently saw a Fisher while waiting for the train. They do live around here!