Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Bear-y Cool!

We have a pet Bear! OK, not really, it's just a guest at our sunflower seed restaurant, I mean, bird feeders.

Last night, I wandered into the bathroom, leaving the lights off, and glanced out the window. I saw a very black shadow under the bird feeders. And then the black shadow moved. I realized that that shadow wasn't from a tree, it was the wrong darkness in a night with a bright moon. Then the shadow changed shape, and appeared to be a standing figure reaching up toward the feeders. And that's when I realized that a bear had come to visit.

I got E out of bed and we decided to turn on the spot light, to get a better look. And we did! The young black bear didn't even bat an eyelash. It sat there, eating the seeds, having a wonderful meal. It pulled the feeders over to where it was sitting, bending the 1/2 inch thick iron pole without any problem. It sat and ate, until it had cleaned the feeders out. And then, it got up, and sauntered off into the woods.

And, here's the picture E took of the bear!

Sorry, we'll try for a better one next time. :)

No comments: