Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What do you mean, why haven't I been blogging?

I've been blogging a lot. In my head. It seems that every time I think I have a minute or two to get the blogs out of my head and onto Magic Beans, Tristan decides he needs me. Such is the way things go for a new mom. So, instead of making those long blogs that I used to do, I'm going to try shorter versions. Then maybe you'll get to see them too!

Here's some of the things I've 'brain-blogged' over the past few months:

Tristan went on his first overnight trip to my Grandmother's family reunion. It was a long trip for him, 3 hours one way, and he let us know that more than 2 hours in the car is not fun. But the reunion was nice, and the great aunts and 2nd cousins all liked meeting Tristan.

Sleep is an amazing thing. Get enough, and I stay sane. Don't get enough and crazy things happen.

I'm a stay at home mom (SAHM) now. I resigned from my position as a tech writer at the beginning of August. I was surprised how sad it made me to do it, even though I made the decision to quit. Unexpected sadness, but it was definitely the right decision. I'm enjoying spending the time watching Tristan grow every day.

Being a SAHM is not what I thought it would be. My house is no more clean than it was when I was working 12 hour days at the office. I've figured out I get 15-30 minutes every 3 hours to do something. And, surprise, surprise, eating and sleeping take precedence over house work. But it's getting better, and I know that as Tristan gets older, his schedule will change and I'll have more time to do things.

I'm surprised at how I look forward to the weekends just as much now that I'm a SAHM as I did when I was in the office all week. Now it's for a different reason though. I love watching Tristan and E interacting. Of course, it's also nice to have E give me a break from taking care of Tristan too!

OK, guess who's looking for some attention? Hopefully, more short blogs will be coming soon!

No comments: