Monday, April 5, 2010

Holy cow, it's been how long since I last blogged?

I'm a bad blogger. I realized that I haven't posted since February. Since February! And to be honest, I wouldn't even have realized that if someone hadn't remarked on that post yesterday.

So, what's been going on, you ask? Well, not a lot, and a lot. I'm still pregnant (33 weeks, 4 days), getting more and more excited about our son coming into this world soon. And of course, being almost 8 months pregnant means my belly is getting huge. And I can' do as much as I used to. I'm still forgetting that I'm pregnant, and trying to do everything like I did before. Usually something reminds me - bumping my belly as I try to fit through a (now) too small space, trying to bend over and finding I can't touch my toes (let alone see them), Getting completely worn out raking a small flower bed... The plus side, I'm finding I spend a lot of time reading these days, which is so very enjoyable!

Ah, yes, back to what's been going on. Since February, I've been working like a mad-woman trying to finish up stuff at work so I don't leave my coworkers hanging when TLO comes. Well, working like a pregnant mad-woman. I don't seem to have the energy for 10+ hour days anymore.

E and I have also been spending time prepping the nursery. We cleared out my office by sorting, consolidating, putting things up for sale, and moving the rest of it into what was the guest room/E's office. Now it's the guest room/E's office/my office/library. Sounds a lot more crowded than it is. Once we got my old office cleared out, E and his dad set to work painting it. Now it's a lovely 'pale moss' green. E also painted the trim, it looks pretty sharp! And now we're starting to put stuff in it. Last night we assembled the crib. It's really starting to look like a nursery!


At the end of February, we celebrated my annual 29th birthday by going with friends to the Border Cafe. That same day, a friend of ours had a woodworking accident. He gave all of us a scare, nobody more than his wife I imagine. He was very lucky, and we're all thankful for that!

My sister also came for a visit with her significant other and his twin twelve year old boys, and we all went down to the New England Aquarium for a day. They've done some work at the aquarium since I last went about 10 years ago. It was a fun day.

Lately, we've been doing spring things, raking the yard (see my earlier comment about not being able to do as much), washing the screens and putting them back in the windows, getting the deck furniture out, the usual.

So, that's what I've been up to. I'll try to be a better blogger this spring. We'll just have to wait and see how it goes.

No comments: