Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Blogging About Yelping

I've been thinking for a couple of days that I should blog about my new, other writing past-time, Yelping. Yelp.com is a site where you can go and review any and all business that you frequent. And you can see what other people think about places you're thinking of going to. Or even find places you didn't know existed, and get some feedback on whether or not to go.

Years ago I had created a web site where I was reviewing restaurants. I figured that it would be beneficial for other vegetarians. I'd had a hard time finding restaurant reviews that were veggie minded. I'd only reviewed a few places when I gave up, creating my own web site was not my thing.

And then I found Yelp, and reviewing restaurants became easy. As did reviewing other things, like our local organic farm.

So now I'm blogging about Yelping. I find it kind of funny, actually. I guess I haven't gotten enough of writing yet...

No comments: