Monday, July 28, 2008

Born to Ride

I haven't been riding in almost 2 months. We spent a month finishing the garage-mahal, (well, almost finishing it), and then due to a combination of work, being away on weekends, and a cracked quarter-hoof, I hadn't been to the barn. Until this past Saturday.

Friday I chatted with H and found out that Melody, the horse I ride, was finally well again. So we made plans to ride Saturday morning. And oh, how glorious it was! I had been thinking in my 2 month hiatus that maybe I could do without riding. That my life would be simpler and I'd have a lot more time on my hands to do other things. But baby, I was born to RIDE! I haven't felt this good in, well, months. And its wonderful!

So, the ride Saturday was nothing particularly special. The weather was nice, it was sunny but not too hot. We rode in the apple orchard across the road from the barn. From the top of the hill you can see for miles, its one of the highest points around, and because of the size of the apple trees, the view to the west and north is spectacular! You can see the Groton School, which looks a little bit like a castle. And some hills, and other orchards and barns in the distance. One of these days I'll bring a camera with me...

So, I'm back to the barn again. I'm planning on picking up riding 2-3 days a week. And I can't wait until tomorrow when I'm going again!

No comments: